'Free from eggs, gluten, baking powder and dairy'
(12 small pancakes)
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flakes (gluten free, if you like)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp applesauce
- 3 tbsp physillium husk
- ½ orange
- A small piece of fresh ginger
- A small knob of fresh turmeric or 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- Fresh fruits to serve (in this case pomegranate)
- A handful crushed unsalted almonds
- Maple syrup to garnish (you can also use agave, brown rice syrup…)
- Coconut oil to fry
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight or for at least 4 hours. Soak them in water together with a tbsp of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice)
- 1 orange
- ¼ cup nut milk or coconut milk
- A pinch of vanilla powder and ground cinnamon
Probably a recipe that we enjoy at home at least once a week. It is easy to make, healthy and you can do different variations of it. Sometimes i add some fresh chopped spinach and they also turn out delicious by changing the turmeric for a pinch of saffron. Maybe this is something to try out during the christmas days...
Free pancakes: Squeeze the orange to make some juice. Place the oats in your food processor to make flour out of it. Add the bananas, oat and almond flour, coconut milk, applesauce and physillium husk into your blender and mix on high speed until smooth. Add the orange juice, ginger, turmeric with the rest of the spices and salt and mix one more time. (The dough should remain kind of thick but with a soft consistence, easy to stir with a spoon). Add some coconut oil with a brush in a pancake form or melt some spoons of coconut oil on a hot skillet. Take approx. one tbsp spoon of pancake mix and pour it on the hot pan (1 tbsp of mix = 1 pancake). Spread it slightly with the back of a spoon. Cook in medium-low heat. Check if the bottom had started to browned and then flip the pancake, cook it little bit more until it is ready.
Cashew cream: Place the cashews in a strainer and rinse them under fresh water. Squeeze the orange to make some juice. Add all the ingredients into a blender and mix until you get a smooth and creamy texture.* You can place it in a container and keep it in the fridge if you like to have it more as a yogurt than a room temperatured cream.
Small tips: Enjoy the pancakes with some cashew cream, fresh fruits, nuts, cacao nibs, coconut flakes… find your favourite garnish! For the ones who like them sweeter, drizzle some maple syrup on the top!